Focus on Teaching
Rhett's Observations, Reflections and Research at Burton's School
- Public Discussions on podcast and social
- Private Discussions via courses,email
General - Best Practices
- Students = 0%
- Interaction= 0%
- Motivating Expression = 0%
- Using Comprehensible Input = 0%
- Learning Languages = 0%
- Stages and Aims = 0%
- Patterns and PPP = 0%
- Controlled & Meaningful Practice = 0%
- Vocabulary = 0%
- Focusing on Sounds = 0%
- Listening and Songs = 0%
- Reading = 0%
- Writing = 0%
- Working in Groups = 0%
- Observing and Testing = 0%
- Beyond the Course Book = 0%
Interactions and Opportunities
- TALK about hair and home
- ASK and ANSWER questions
- DO “Tower of Hanoi.”
- MAKE a clock
- GIVE an excuse (weather-related).
- SING “How’s the Weather?”
- PAINT a picture
- Play “Once Upon a Tower”
Are you here?
Click the box.
About Level 2
Communicative Goals for Level 2
- to listen,
- to say
- to do and show skill
- to greet, take leave and call upon
- to introduce self and others
- to name words in topics
- to express emotions
- to express likes
- to express wants
- to express have
- to express to ask/answer questions
- to express to count and use numbers
- to express to reason
- to retell
Students Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Read Grace 1
- Listen to songs
- Build meaning through exercises, activities and tasks
- Listen, sing and write about parts of some songs.
- Retell and Connect - Hansel and Gretel’s story, The cookie Man and Grace
- Brainstorm - candies in a candy shop
- Talk about Animals - Animals A to Z
- Compare Foods - I like this, but I don’t like that.
- Expressing Favorites - The red jelly beans are my favorite.
- Use Money - We need 100 coins because this is 10 coins, and that is 90 coins.
- Work for money - Put the candies in the box.
- Retell and Connect - The Very Hungry Monster, Hansel and Gretel and Grace
- Express wants - I don't want to work. I want to go home.