Focus on Teaching
Rhett's Observations, Reflections and Research at Burton's School
- Students = 0%
- Interaction= 0%
- Motivating Expression = 0%
- Using Comprehensible Input = 0%
- Learning Languages = 0%
- Stages and Aims = 0%
- Patterns and PPP = 0%
- Controlled & Meaningful Practice = 0%
- Vocabulary = 0%
- Focusing on Sounds = 0%
- Listening and Songs = 0%
- Reading = 0%
- Writing = 0%
- Working in Groups = 0%
- Observing and Testing = 0%
- Beyond the Course Book = 0%
Interactions and Opportunities
1. You and Me
- Songs: A. Review “What’s Your Name.”
- Characters: B. Learn the characters' names.
- Tools: C. Use a camera. Take a picture. Talk about the students in the picture.
2. About Us
- Songs: A. Read 1.5 Bingo. Answer questions about Jack and his family.
- Tools: B. Find your birthday on the calendar.
- Words: C. Talk about age and birthdays.
3. Our Team
- Games: A. Play, talk and read about Angry Birds.
- Words: B. Talk about feelings.
- Equipment: C. Throw, catch and talk to your friends.
4. Let’s Do This
- Songs: B. Sing “Put On Your Shoes.”
- Equipment: B. Use a jump rope.
- Outside: C. Go to the playground and play.
5. Shapes and Colors
- Characters: A. Sing “The Shape Song.”
- Charts: B. Find shapes and check the chart.
- Blocks: C. Use the blocks to make designs.
6. School Projects
- Projects: A. Select a project.
- Materials and Tools: B. Use the tools to do the project.
- Songs: C. Sing “Clean Up Song.”
7. My Work
- Characters: A. Sing “What Do You Like To Do?”
- Tools: B. Draw a picture.
- Story Plays: C. Show your picture to your friends.
8. Cleaning Up
- Puzzles: A. Make a puzzle.
- Equipment: B. Do 1 cycle.
- Games: C. Play UNO.
9. Saying Good Bye
- Words: A. Say and write the words.
- Story Plays: B. Tell the mini story.
- Characters: C. Talk about the cards.
Are you here?
About Level 2
Communicative Goals for Level 2
- to listen,
- to say
- to do and show skill
- to greet, take leave and call upon
- to introduce self and others
- to name words in topics
- to express emotions
- to express likes
- to express wants
- to express have
- to express to ask/answer questions
- to express to count and use numbers
- to express to reason
- to retell
Students Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Read Grace 1
- Listen to songs
- Build meaning through exercises, activities and tasks
- Listen, sing and write about parts of some songs.
- Retell and Connect - Hansel and Gretel’s story, The cookie Man and Grace
- Brainstorm - candies in a candy shop
- Talk about Animals - Animals A to Z
- Compare Foods - I like this, but I don’t like that.
- Expressing Favorites - The red jelly beans are my favorite.
- Use Money - We need 100 coins because this is 10 coins, and that is 90 coins.
- Work for money - Put the candies in the box.
- Retell and Connect - The Very Hungry Monster, Hansel and Gretel and Grace
- Express wants - I don't want to work. I want to go home.