Maslow’s Hierachy of Needs – Updated by Scott Barry Kaufman
Are you here?
Click the box.
|First five minutes of class|
|Specific Exercises, Activities and Task|
Reflections on Action
Actualization of Task
- Can they do it?
- How do they feel about the degree of their accomplishment?
- Does the game apply pressure or stress?
- How do students react to the game play?
- What’s the worst that can happen?
Belonging and Love
- What makes them feel good?
- How are the children helping each other?
- What’s the vibe before, during and after the game?
Most, but not all students enjoyed it. I didn’t start with all the rules and all the tiles to reduce the stress of learning something new. I used lots of modeling for them to mimic better game play. They struggled more with the task of organizing their tiles than the actual language to play. Helping the students with organizing was good for keeping higher esteem .