We spend time out at the skidoo shack. It was a small little cottage out near the river on my grandparent’s land.
- The Thunder Bucket – There wasn’t a toilet in the cottage. We had to go in the bucket.
- The Outhouse – There was a toilet. We had to dig a hole in the ground.
- Barrels – I remember walking on a barrel.
- A badger – I remember talks of a badger. I was always on the look out for them, but never saw one.
- Mice and frogs – I would always find mice and frogs. I would ALWAYS scare grandma with them. I normally tried to hunt the mice.
- ATVs – We had a ATV. We drove to fast over the road and all flew off. Fun, but almost died.
- Games – We would always games like uno and triominoes. Grandma always played game with us.
- Toffee – There was was toffee on the table. I ate it and it pull my cap on my tooth.
- Dress-up – My sisters and I would always put on grandma’s clothes.
- Garden – Grandma kept a big garden.
- Skidoo rides, hot chocolate and cold hands and feet
- fought in WW2
- returned home